The mission of the West Katy Preschool is to provide the highest quality of care and education for young children. Our role is to encourage and support each child in all areas of development, therefore creating a positive self-image and realistic opportunity for success. This will be achieved through providing a variety of activities that are developmentally appropriate and recognizes the individual needs and differences of children.
At West Katy Preschool we value…
- Discovery – Our environments invite children to learn by using their senses – seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, and touching
- Cooperation – We value cooperation between and among learners, both adults, and children
- Creativity – Our environments and interactions support exploration and use of open-ended materials
- Independence – We favor child-initiated activities that promote self-reliance and autonomy
- Harmony – Positive relationship based on trust and open communication and always respecting the individual rights of all every kid
- Learning – A fun environment where play is valued as learning experiences