We are doing the job that we have been expertised along with our education, accumulations and experiences. We pay a particular attention on the nourishment, cleanliness and safety. We support all of the development areas of our students between 0-5 ages with education materials and toys chosen by specialist. We provide a “family academy” service by sharing our teachers experiences with the families on such subjects like child psychology, child rearing attitudes, agreeing with children, rising up creative and self- reliant children, and creating a personal vision on children.
We believe in always providing high quality education and experiences to help your little ones reach their fullest potential both physical and mentally. Here at West Katy Preschool we want to change the expectations of parents. We believe that your child deserves the best care and attentions, and we want their memories to be filled with happy and enriching experiences.
Learning in Relationship
We seek and cultivate a wide breadth of thought and ideas as the foundation for meaningful connections with and intentional commitments to each other, which promotes social responsibility, interest in the unfamiliar, and respect for nature.
We evoke new perspective by noticing, inquiring about, and reflecting on moments of curiosity or passion and make that discovery visible through documentation and expressive media.
Leadership in Community
We foster courageous leadership and serve as a model of innovative, reflective early childhood education practices.
Our mission is to provide a unique and enriching experience through outstanding quality care, organic healthy foods, and attention to detail. Within a natural and familiar environment, we provide meaningful, real-world, hands-on learning experiences that promote social relationships and critical thinking. Our roles as adults are to provide a compassionate, safe, nurturing atmosphere that allows and creates opportunities for discovery, joy, risk-taking, and a love of learning.
West Katy Preschool is a place where . . .
- Children are valued for their ability to do meaningful work, their sense of wonder and curiosity, their perspectives, and their ability to play.
- Families are valued for their bonds and traditions, their ability to play, their commitment to work, home, and community, and their dreams for their children.
- Staffs are valued for their vision, their delight in children, their skill and knowledge, their commitment to families.
As your child’s first teacher, you play a big part in how well your child(ren) does in school. Families are the first and foremost educators of their children. Here at West Katy Preschool we value two-way communication is the key. Our flexible, responsive, and comprehensive services designed to strengthen child and family functioning are provided. Families are always included in decision making related to their child’s educational experience.
Benefits accrue to parents who are involved in their children’s early childhood programs as well. Parents experiences in West Katy Preschool…
- A greeter understanding of their child’s needs and individual differences
- A clearer view of their children’s development, abilities, and skills
- More flexible childrearing attitudes based on the information shared with them by early childhood professionals.
- Greater access to resources, services, and parenting information
- Increased advocacy for their children in other settings.
The research also confirms that family involvement has a positive impact on school readiness. Closer contact between home and school gives family members and teachers a more complete view of children’s abilities and improves consistency between home and school on working toward and accomplishing agreed-upon goals.